Happy National Relaxation Day!
Finding the time to relax even for a couple minutes everyday is crucial to your health and well being. In honor of National Relaxation Day these are my 5 daily habits that I do to make sure I take care of myself!
1. I start every morning by taking my favorite Stress Remedy supplement. I am a firm believer in CBD and so happy to have found a supplement that not only has CBD but also has other healthy nutrients included so it’s like a super capsule all in one!
2. MEDITATE – Sounds cliche I know, but I can’t begin to explain the importance to a daily meditation practice. Do not be fooled, you don’t need to be a monk and sit for 8 hours a day to meditate. You can do it for two minutes, focus on lengthening your exhales, or simply watch the sunset in silence after a long day of work. You can meditate anytime, anywhere, and for however long. Just get still and get quiet. It will change your life!
3. Movement! Whether it is 5 minutes of stretching or a 90 minute yoga class, make sure to move your body! Even a 10 minute walk in your city is a great way to relieve stress and relax!
4. Eat Nourishing Food. Now I’m not saying I don’t over indulge here and there when I eat out, but for the most part I look at food as fuel. I eat lots of protein, tons of cooked vegetables and healthy grains. I do my best to stay away from salt, sugar, and dairy. It is so important to make sure you take care of your body on the inside just as much as the outside. Do your best to stick with whole foods and away from anything processed. A trick I use, if it’s in a package, stay away!
5. Creativity! Doing something creative everyday is so good for the soul. This is something that immediately relieves stress for me. Personally, I love singing in my car when I’m driving or doodle on my calendar while I’m writing down some tasks. Keep your mind sharp and let it run wild with its imagination and your stress levels will go down significantly because you are tapping into your inner child – fun, care free, and playful!
These five things are what works for ME, I encourage you all to find what works for you! If you’re not sure, try them all plus some. The less stressed you are, the better you are to yourself and everyone else around you.
Author – Natasha Marvis, Wellness Advocate. LA Yoga & Meditation Teacher